Information About our Program
- The Writing Program Staff: Job Descriptions and Contact Information
- Program Philosophy: Our Philosophy Statement explains our genre studies/activity theory approach to teaching wriitng.
- Grassroots Writing Research: Our program is largely defined by researching and enacting real-life writing. The Grassroots Writing Research Journal and related projects help promote writing research among students and the community.
- What Students Learn in Writing Program Courses This Graphic Handout illustrates the key concepts we work to teach students in Writing Program Courses (Both ENG 101 and ENG 145).
Links for Undergraduates
- Grassroots Writing Research Journal – Not only a source for case studies on researching writing, but also an opportunity for you to submit your own work for publication.
- Mini-Grants for Student Research – The Writing Program will award five mini-grants up to $100 each to pay for materials needed for a Writing Program course class project.
- Grassroots Writing Research Scholarship: The Writing Program Awards up to two $500.00 scholarships each year for undergraduate students interested in Writing Research.
- Proficiency Credit — Information about the specific requirement for requesting proficiency credit for ENG 101 or ENG 145.
- ISU Code of Conduct (including the University’s plagiarism policy)
- Avoiding Plagiarism Library Guide from Milner Library
- Office of Disability Concerns at Illinois State University – for information on accommodations for special needs
- Dean of Students Office -- Resource for a range of student questions and help with problems.
- Health & Wellness Resources — links for a range of physical wellness information
- Studen Counseling Services– Links for mental health & wellness resources
Information about Writing Program Courses
The Writing Program administers a range of general education writing courses. The links below offer more information about these courses:
The ISU Writing Program is always engaged in a range of research and assessment about our writing program course and Literate Activity in general. We also produce a range of reports that detail our various activities and investigations
Calendar of Events
Stay up-to-date on the latest events and activities hosted by the Writing Program.