NCTE Presentation: Taking up Genre Studies and Writing Research in the K-12 Classroom
The Writing Program presented a workshop at the National Council of Teachers of English in November, 2015. We provided that group with a number of handouts and articles, and we’ve included them here on this site as well. In addition, we’re working on a FAQ page that answers some of the questions brought up by participants in this this group.
We think these resources will be useful to instructors wanting to learn more about our program
- FAQ for K-12 instructors on a genre/CHAT pedagogy that works to create writing researchers.
- A Powerpoint on How To Create Writing Researchers that offers an overview of our program and pedagogy.
- Resource Booklet: Uptake Genres: Teach, Transform and Talk for High Road Transfer
- Genre Handout for NCTE
- a handout of Questions_to_Consider_when_creating_K-12_Genre_Assignments
- A handout that outlines the differences in a pedagogy designed to Create Writing Researchers: NCTE_Creating_Writing_researchers
- Grassroots Writing Research Journal article from the 6.2 issue, “Cultural-Historical Activity Theory: Because Sh*#t is Complicated“