Checklist Items for Living in Normal
Before arriving at ISU, you may want to do the following:
- View a map of ISU to get your bearings. The Writing Program is in Stevenson Hall, which is in the southeast part of campus.
- Check out the Uptown Normal website, which has information on local dining options. Uptown Normal is just a block or so from Stevenson Hall and is likely a place that you’ll hang out a lot.
- Think about parking. You’ll want to visit the Office of Parking and Transportation and buy your parking pass for the semester before orientation begins. (If you don’t have time to do this, you can also park in the nearby Marriott garage at an hourly rate, whether or not you are a guest at the hotel, during orientation.)
- Be aware of other transportation options. We have an Amtrak station a short walk (about three blocks) from Stevenson Hall (the code for that station is BNL), and Normal runs an affordable bus system.
- International students can find more information about the things you’ll need to do while getting started at Illinois State on the International Studies Admission page.