Critical Inquiry Colloquium
Thursday, January 10, 2013
Old Main Room, Bone Student Center
10:00 a.m. Welcome Sally Parry, College of Arts and Sciences
- John Hooker, School of Communication
- Joyce Walker, Department of English
- Jennifer Sharkey, Milner Library
- Freshman Mindset list
- Thumbnail sketches of courses: what Communication instructors can expect from ENG 101 students and English instructors can expect from COM 110 students
- Library discussion of Spring arc
- Ambassador Program, Application process
- General Education Discussion: Goals, Curricular changes, Assessment
- What assignments do you use that could be mapped to a goal?
- How could you use the goals that are mapped to your course to explain learning outcomes to your students?
Members of the Critical Inquiry Committee:
Cheri Simonds, John Hooker, Kevin Meyer, School of Communication;
Joyce Walker, Nancy McKinney, Department of English;
Jennifer Sharkey, Jean MacDonald, Sharon Van Der Laan, Chris Worland, Alexis Shpall Wolstein, Milner Library;
Sally Parry, College of Arts and Sciences;
Jonathan Rosenthal, Provost’s Office.